Colon Cleansing Mediterranean Grain Salad
This Mediterranean Grain Salad is filled with fresh ingredients, lots of chewy delicious grains, that will have your system humming in no time!
- 1 wine glass of uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 wine glass of uncooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- Fistful of uncooked chia seeds, no need to rinse and drain…and one of the best legal things to come out of Central America
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely-diced
- 2/3 wine glass finely-diced roasted red peppers….Roast them yourself if you have time.
- 1/2 wine glass finely diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 wine glasses diced “candy-like” cherry tomatoes
- 100g crumbled Greek feta
- 1 “Bunch of Jerry Springer Onions” – half of a small red onion, finely diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 massive handfuls of finely-chopped fresh Italian parsley. (Needs to be Italian otherwise this would be a Greek salad and not Mediterranean).
- 1 massive handful of finely-chopped mint.
- 1 Tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sumac
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon pepper corns
- Warm in pan, then pound into a powder.
- 9 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 table spoon of dried oregano
- Largish pinch of garlic powder
- Season to taste.
WHISK ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER UNTIL COMBINED. POUR OVER SALAD.